About the society
The Cape Town Photographic Society (CTPS) is South Africa’s first photographic club. Read more about us. CTPS is home to many active and creative members who enjoy the talks, workshops, outings, salons, competitions, audio-visual shows and cameraderie offered by our vibrant society of photographers. Why not join us? The only qualification needed for membership is a love for photography. See how our members are ranked.
Meetings take place at St Stephen’s Church Hall in Pinelands at 6:30 for 7pm
- 1st Wednesday of each month – Competition evening
- We meet on the first Wednesday every month for Competition evening, where members are invited to enter 3 images, either printed or digital into either an Open category or against a Set theme. An external judge then offers commentary and a score. Depending on the score achieved, members may receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze award. These score levels depend on the members ranking.
- 2nd Wednesday of every second month – Audio visual evening
- Members learn about and submit audio-visual slideshows of their photos. They discuss what makes up a good AV and then watch and review each others AVs.
- 3rd Wednesday of each month – Education & Development
- Speakers and experts in their respective fields offer lectures and workshops to the CTPS members. Topics range from Photoshop/editing to subject specialties such as Macro or Portraiture.
Outings and weekends away We’re an active society and plan at least 2 weekends away each year. These are complemented by day trips and other photographic outings.
Special Interest Groups. If you have a keen interest in a particular type of photography then the SIGs are for you.