Snapshot of breaking news
16th January Competition evening
23rd January E+D evening, Meet and Greet social evening
- 16th January, Competition evening.
- 23rd January, Meet and Greet social evening. Bring your old equipment or books and magazines to share or sell.
New competition rules
There are new requirements for ranking promotion. These are summarised below
For full details please click here: Competition rules 2018-2019
- 2.3.1 Requirements for promotion are:
- From Beginner to Intermediate: 40 points (including any gained from Salon acceptances, as per paragraph 2.3) and including a minimum of 5 Gold Awards in Society competitions.
- From Intermediate to Advanced: 50 points (including any gained from Salon acceptances, as per paragraph 2.3), and including a minimum of 10 Gold Awards in Society competitions, and including 5 Salon acceptances (as per paragraph 2.3). Salon acceptances may be carried over from the previous ranking and are thus cumulative. A single image may collect a maximum of three acceptances in different Salons.
- From Advanced to Salon: 50 Gold Awards in Society competitions and including 15 Salon acceptances (as per paragraph 2.3). Salon acceptances may be carried over from previous rankings and are thus cumulative. A single image may collect a maximum of three acceptances in different Salons.
- Excess points, either from Society Competitions or Salons, gained for any one ranking shall not be carried over for purposes of promotion to the next rank. Salon acceptances from Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced are cumulative.
- The title of Master photographer will be awarded to a member who has gained the rank of Salon and who gains a minimum of 10 CTPS Gold awards and 10 Salon acceptances for the competition year (October to September). The Salons referred to are South African National and South African International Salons with PSSA patronage. An image that gains an acceptance may only be used once for promotion purposes. If the requirement is not met by the end of the competition year the award will fall away.