Snapshot of breaking news
New rules for competition ranking promotion take effect 1 October
19th September: E+D with Dieter Butow
17th October: AGM and E+D combined evening
Annual fees are now due. R250 per member.
FNB; Branch code 250655; Account number 627 083 39868. Mail proof of payment with your name as reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 19th September, E+D with Dieter Butow
- 3rd October Competition evening
- 17th October, Annual General Meeting combined with E+D evening
New competition rules
There are new requirements for ranking promotion. These are summarised below
For full details please click here: Competition rules 2018-2019
- 2.3.1 Requirements for promotion are:
- From Beginner to Intermediate: 40 points (including any gained from Salon acceptances, as per paragraph 2.3) and including a minimum of 5 Gold Awards in Society competitions.
- From Intermediate to Advanced: 50 points (including any gained from Salon acceptances, as per paragraph 2.3), and including a minimum of 10 Gold Awards in Society competitions, and including 5 Salon acceptances (as per paragraph 2.3). Salon acceptances may be carried over from the previous ranking and are thus cumulative. A single image may collect a maximum of three acceptances in different Salons.
- From Advanced to Salon: 50 Gold Awards in Society competitions and including 15 Salon acceptances (as per paragraph 2.3). Salon acceptances may be carried over from previous rankings and are thus cumulative. A single image may collect a maximum of three acceptances in different Salons.
- Excess points, either from Society Competitions or Salons, gained for any one ranking shall not be carried over for purposes of promotion to the next rank. Salon acceptances from Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced are cumulative.
- The title of Master photographer will be awarded to a member who has gained the rank of Salon and who gains a minimum of 10 CTPS Gold awards and 10 Salon acceptances for the competition year (October to September). The Salons referred to are South African National and South African International Salons with PSSA patronage. An image that gains an acceptance may only be used once for promotion purposes. If the requirement is not met by the end of the competition year the award will fall away.
Entries are now open for the 2108 Annual Competition. The format will be similar to last year but with an added Open category. You may now enter two images per category and no restrictions will be placed on the date the images were taken. Entry deadline is 21 October. Enter via Photovault. Read about it here.